The 1st East Preston Scout Group was founded in 1931. Originally based in a wooden building on the corner of The Street and Vicarage Lane (now the site of Baden Cottage), the Group moved to our current purpose built building in 1989 after many years of intense fundraising by the Committee and parents.
At present the Group consists of a Beaver Colony, a Cub Pack and a Scout Troop, our Explorer Scouts currently join the Viking Explorer Unit along with Explorer Scouts from 1st Angmering and 7th Littlehampton Scout Group.
Each section has its own leaders who are responsible for their activity programmes and activities. The work of the Scout Leaders is co-ordinated by the Group Scout Leader (GSL). He/She is responsible for finding Leaders, liaising with parents through the Group Executive Committee and for the general efficient organisation of the Group.